This session introduces ESTCP EW-201015 which focused on the development and demonstration of an advanced building energy management system (aBEMS) that employs advanced methods of whole-building performance monitoring combined with statistical methods of learning and data analysis to enable identification of both gradual and discrete performance erosion and faults. Project technical objectives and key technical components are introduced first. Then, the demonstrations in Buildings 7113, 7114, and 7230 at Naval Training Center, Great lakes, IL, which achieved greater than 20% energy savings, are presented with details, including site facts, sensor and meters, data acquisition system, selected results from performance monitoring, faults diagnosis and visualizations. Finally, issues and lessons learnt are discussed.
Zheng O'Neill , Texas A&M University
Upon completing this course, you will:
- Introduce EW-201015 Scalable Deployment of Advanced Building Energy Management Systems;
- Describe technology component;
- Introduce buildings of demonstration site;
- Explain demonstration results; and
- Summarize issues and lessons learnt