This training provides information on advanced interconnection topics for federal agencies developing distributed energy projects. Considerations covered include: Common photovoltaics (PV) and battery codes and standards, distribution system configurations and studies, cybersecurity and site access. This webinar is the fourth in a multi-part series on working with electric utilities to develop distributed energy projects on federal sites.
Douglas Gagne, MBA, Project Analyst, NREL Read Bio
Doug Gagne is a project analyst at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). He currently provides early-stage federal project development support for renewable energy and resilience projects, including techno-economic analyses to identify what mix of generation technologies will most cost-effectively meet a site's power needs. He also supports early-stage resilience project development and brings extensive federal procurement expertise.
Chandra Shah, B.S. Mechanical Engineering, MBA, CEM, Senior Project Leader, NREL Read Bio
Chandra Shah is a senior project leader at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. She has been supporting FEMP since 1998--helping agencies purchase off-site renewable energy, implement distributed energy projects, and achieve energy/water goals through utility energy service contracts and other utility partnerships. She is a CEM and holds an MBA from the University of Washington and a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering from the University of Michigan.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize distribution system configurations and studies;
- Identify common solar PV and battery standards;
- Recognize cybersecurity impacts on interconnection; and
- Recognize other important technical interconnection requirements.
- 9.1.1: Demonstrate ability to work in integrated project teams to execute small, medium, and large projects.
- 10.3.2: Demonstrate knowledge of rules and requirements for purchasing products and services.
- 10.3.3: Demonstrate ability to assess technical requirements needed to ensure delivery and quality of services/products.