The Small Project Template was created to accommodate the smaller facility projects.
After the Standard template was developed and corporate-wide use began, the field quickly realized that the standard template was not needed for many of the Navy's smaller projects. There are significantly more small projects than large ones. Eighty percent of our workload is made up of small projects.
NAVFAC realized that we could save valuable time and resources by creating a small project template because these small projects did not have as many design requirements as the larger more complicated projects and they did not require the same level of administrative requirements. The Standard Template was scaled down and the Small Project Template was "born." This scaled-down version of the standard template requires less of our technical design resources and expertise to develop
Upon completion of this training learners will understand:
- The background on the Small Project Template;
- The differences between the Standard RFP Template and the Small Project Template;
- How to locate this template;
- What projects should use the small project template;
- The layout of the template; and
- The details on the content of Parts 2 thru 6 of the small project template.